Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday so far

Today has been a pretty typical Tuesday in the life of me. Ethan actually let me sleep in until the alarm went of this morning, so we had a slightly late start just because I figured he would have woken me up early. Never count on a baby to wake you up, or let you sleep in. We went to our baby groups. The first one is one that is more aimed toward mommy and how she is doing postpartum. The past 2 weeks now our usual "leader" wasn't there. Kind of bummed me out a bit. At one point Ethan was crawling around the room as was another little girl, and we were told by the "fill in leader" to come back over and join the group. Maybe I was just a little sensitive but I thought that was a little rude. We've never really been that structured before, and my kid was having fun exploring! Anyway, I got over it. Then we had the baby group, which is much larger and the focus is on more of what the kiddos are up to. It went well, I didn't feel so much in a fog as I did last week or in other weeks. Sometimes with my depression/anxiety if I'm with groups of people I sort of space out into my own world. I'm not entirely sure why I do this.

After group we took a quick trip to the store. Did what we had to there, went to leave, and I saw someone had dropped a pink doll in the parking lot. At first I walked by it, put my groceries in the trunk. Then got Ethan out of the cart and went and picked up the doll. A little old lady said "oh good I'm glad you saw that, is it yours" and I was told her it was not, I just felt bad thinking a little girl is missing her dolly. I brought it into customer service and told the lady I had found it outside and thought the people might still be in the store since it was laying outside a car with a car seat so she made a page over the loudspeaker. I also ended up leaving a small note on the car. I'm hoping doll and girl are reunited.

Now since we have been at home. We had lunch, Ethan took a very short nap. I've just been sitting here at this point. I have had thoughts on starting a little cloth diaper store/baby boutique type thing. Not sure how I would even go about it, and it's just a thought. I just know I'm sick of driving 30 minutes to get to one of two stores in my area. I would probably never be able to anyway, but it's a nice dream. It would be something I could create my own hours and not have to worry about having a baby sitter. I would also be able to help people out who are just learning how to cloth diaper, since I know myself in the beginning had no clue what I was doing. I would also have other baby attire and would aim to sell locally made things, maybe even some maternity things. Primarily, it would be diapers, with other fun stuff tried out to see what works.

For now there isn't much else to write about. I may or may not have more later tonight. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment